Teeth Need Healthy Treats and Diet Tips Too
Your teeth need proper care and nourishment. Brushing and flossing are essential to your oral care, but many people neglect to think about the food and drinks we are putting into our mouth and how they can affect our teeth. That is why, our dentist, Dr. Josh Renk with Las Vegas Prosthodontics in Las Vegas, NV, is here to share with you this list of tips for your oral health and your diet:
Hazardous Food Choices
- Carbs: Carbs can be broken down into harmful acids in your mouth.
- Hard Snacks: Hard snacks can chip and crack teeth.
- Lodged Food: Food stuck between your teeth increase your risk for oral health problems.
- Sticky and Chewy Snacks: Any product that can stick to your teeth and gums can increase the rate at which tooth decay occurs.
- Sugars: Sugar can be broken down into harmful acids in your mouth.
- Crunchy Food: Crunchy food can produce additional saliva and help clean out your mouth.
- Nutritious Meals: Healthy meals can strengthen your tooth enamel.
- Watery Snacks: Watery snacks can wash away debris and food particles.
These tips are here to improve your oral health and keep your teeth healthy and safe. If you have questions about your oral health and would like to speak to a professional, please call us today at 702-263-4300 to set an appointment. Our friendly and professional dentist is happy to assist you with your oral health care.